For those who like their morning oats…
They take about 60seconds to put together, but like to hang out in your fridge overnight. Make them in a bento box so you can grab them on your way out the door.
The added bonus to these overnight oats, is that they also have the addition of chia seeds – a great source of protein and a tummy filler too.
The flavour combo that I have chosen and given you the recipe for is raspberry and vanilla, but you know, you could easily substitute with blueberries, apple, strawberries – anything really!
I made these oats deliberately not-too-sweet, as I always figure that you can add honey or agave plus sweeter fruits in the morning – feel free to add more honey than the recipe states if you like things a bit sweeter.
- 1/2 cup raspberries, lightly crushed
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup skimmed milk (feel free to use a vegan alternative here)
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey (or more if you like it sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Chuck it all in a bowl, give it a mix.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Scoop in to one big bowl or 2 smaller bowls in the morning.
Approximate Nutrition Info (based on 2 smaller servings):
- KCals – 216
- Fat – 4.4g (0.3g sat)
- Sodium – 57.8mg
- Carbs – 33.9g
- Protein – 10.9g
Feel free to top your overnight chia oats with more raspberries, or other fruit ( I used half a banana) and more honey or syrup, if required.