Try this recipe out for an easy breakfast, snack or dessert.
Whilst the texture is similar to that of cold rice pudding (try to ignore that bit), it is a great base to add toppings to for a healthy breakfast alternative. The flavour is slightly nutty and a little bit sweet. I chose to add half a medium banana, half a cup of blueberries and a teeny drizzle of raw forest honey.
Give it a shot and see what you think, here is the recipe (serves 4):
- approx 1/2 cup (scant measurement) chia seeds – I used ‘Raw Health’ organic black chia seeds
- approx 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk – I used ‘alpro’ fresh unsweetened
- approx 2tbsp agave syrup – I used ‘the groovy food company’
- a teeny pinch of sea salt
- a generous tsp vanilla extract
Here is the easy bit… chuck all the ingredients in to a bowl, mix well, cover & refrigerate overnight. Wake up the next morning, give a really good mix, scoop out a portion and top with whatever you fancy!
If it helps anyone out, I transferred the recipe in to myfitnesspal and the values came up at (per serving); 152kcals, 7.1g fat (0.3g sat), 92.1mg sodium, 141.9mg potassium, 16.9g carbs (8.1g fibre, 7.7g sugars), 4.8g protein.
Give it a go, try it out, let me know what you think of it & feel free to share the recipe around!by